2014年6月17日星期二

[How-To] Change IP Address on tor browser into specific country

Hi guys, I believe most of you knows about Tor Browser already, it's a portable browser usually used for anonymous browsing and hiding your real IP address. I don't recommended using Tor browser for daily use ex : Login to social media, internet banking etc, since tor browser isn't secure enough for that and had a risk on "Man in the middle attack", and tor browser wasn't designed for "security solution" that's from what I read of course, although I never faced such a thing but it's better to stay safe, just in case :)

Also my main reason to create this guide is just for simply help my fellow members here on MT, I saw many members here having trouble with many giveaways, contests etc, which most of them required specific GEO location.

In this guide, my main purpose is to change exit nodes on tor browser into a specific country or IP address, but why we want to configure tor browser to use specific country?
here are my reasons :
- For unblocking geo restricted
- Not everyone can use proxy, also some ISP blocking proxy usage or even blocking proxy website as well (me in this case)
- There are many free VPN out there, but mostly free VPN only have 2 or 3 servers to choose
- Many giveaways/contest required specific IP address, which is impossible for free VPN users
- Many free proxies are slow, I know tor browser is slow either, but in my case..tor browser is faster than free proxy, of course the results may be vary, depending on your ISP/bandwith/location etc

Step 1 : Find your tor browser folder/file

Before we are going to edit the tor browser, let's launch tor browser and check your IP address, mine is showing Switzerland as you can see below

[​IMG]


As you probably already know, when user launch tor browser usually tor browser would likely to use random exit nodes and thus...random IP address as well. So first thing we gonna do is find your tor browser folder, once you found it, navigate to Tor Browser -> Data -> Tor.
In "Tor" folder, you will see a single file named "Torrc", this one that we want to edit, you can open this torrc file using by using notepad, either by open with and choose notepad, or open notepad, click on torrc file then just drag and drop it into notepad you will see something like this.

[​IMG]

Step 2 : How to tell tor browser to use specific country IP address (exit nodes)

To tell tor browser to use specific country IP address, you need to simply add these lines "ExitNodes (space) {CountryYouWant}" without quotes above "AvoidDiskWrites 1"
Now let's say I want to change tor browser to use US IP, to do that I simply add these lines "ExitNodes {US}" (without quotes) as you can see below

[​IMG]

Close it and don't forget to save it now stop tor browser on vidalia panel, then start it again, now let's check our IP

[​IMG]

voila!! we did it! let's do it again! this time I'm gonna change my IP address to Poland, to do that I simply change "{US}" into "{PL}" also don't forget to Stop tor browser on vidalia panel then restart it again

[​IMG]


Then let's check it again!

[​IMG]

没有评论:

发表评论