2014年6月17日星期二

Uninstall Trend Micro Internet Security – How to Uninstall My Trend Micro Program

Trend Micro Internet Security is an internet security program that contains a number of tools to allow you to safely browse the web. It has a built in adware remover, virus checker and firewall. If you happen to find a way to completely uninstall Trend Micro Internet Security and switch to another antivirus, you need to make sure two things happen: The program has been fully closed/disable; all of its registry keys have been cleaned up. This sounds like a common routine to uninstall any program, but none of these two things can be done easily, as Trend Micro embeds almost every part of its services into your system, consequently making you difficult to either completely disable this software or locate every registry key.
Yesterday, one of my friends took her laptop and asked me to help her to completely uninstall this Internet Security. It only took me nearly a whole day to fully uninstall the program for her. First, to shut down Trend Micro, I right-click the tray icon to close background services or kill its process by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del to open task manager. But now I think the safest place to close and fully uninstall Trend Micro Internet Security is in Safe Mode, in which you have an guarantee that neither the Security’s services nor other programs that may have files associated with Trend Micro will be loaded.
The second thing I do is to clean up all its files and registry keys. As, usual, I go to Control Panel->Add/Remove programs to remove all major files and delete its relative registry, as long as I am in Safe Mode. But this does not necessarily give me a complete uninstall of Trend Micro as I still get services popping-up and, any attempts to re-install it or install other security software is denied. I then locate the following files and directories and manually remove them as well:
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro
C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\tmtdi.sys
C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\tmxpflt.sys
C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\TM_CFW.sys
C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\vsapint
Since the entries related to these files stay in separate parts of registry, they are hard to pinpoint. If I mess up the registry, I will end up with a failing uninstall of Trend Micro software. I decide not to take this risk so I turned for help with uninstaller software. It is an application namely Perfect Uninstaller came as my final solution. It has a special method called Force Uninstall which can automatically look deep into the system and erase everything regarding the files and registry based on the directories and files provided. It means that I only need to locate the files mentioned above, the rest of the job will be quickly done by Perfect Uninstaller. The uninstaller also has helped me get rid of Picasa too!

没有评论:

发表评论